Friday, July 24, 2026

Birthday Wishes

Hello again!  Wrapping up the week with a second-time use of these Spellbinders flowers.  They're so easy I could go on and on with them, and maybe I will when my not-yet-used baskets are empty.  In my dreams, right? 






The embossing folder, circle dies, and sentiment are all Spellbinders, too.  For the yellow embossed panel I used a double sided sticky sheet to adhere thin vellum to SU's Barely Banana cardstock.  The reason I ever started doing this with the vellum and sticky sheets in the first place is because I have a whole pack of vellum that's way too thin, and I have a whole pack of sticky sheets that I can't imagine ever using up, so I put them together and it's magical!



Moving along...  I've been very busy both in and out of my stamp room lately and I have a tidy garden and a surprising lot of cards to show for it.  I hope I'll be back with more soon.

Today I'd like to play along at The Sisterhood of Crafters where the theme this month is flowers.  They have a really cute inspiration board:


I'm so glad you stopped by.  Take care and have a happy day!



Stamps:  Spellbinders Very Best Wishes with dies  Paper:  Hammermill 100 lb premium white, Stampin' Up Barely Banana, very lightweight vellum  Ink:  Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Rose Red, Blue Bayou, Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Ink Blending with brushes  Dies:  Spellbinders Stylish Oval Hello You Floral, Blossom Nestabilities, Standard Circles Small  Other:  Double sided adhesive sheet, Memory Box Fairy Jewels, dimensional foam dots, Spellbinders Criss Cross Motif 3D embossing folder

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card, love those beautiful die-cut flowers and great colouring, love the embossed background too and a great idea to use your stash.
Carol x

Marcia Hill said...

Magic...yep, that's what your background looks like Leslie and I have to get on the ball and try this technique out as I have a whole package of very thin vellum too! And oodles of ef's! Stay tuned... But back to your card. Your blooms are absolutely beautiful and I can see why you keep going back to them! And I love how look against that gorgeous light yellow embossed background too! Can't wait to see more, so bring them on!! Hugs. :0)

Yogi said...

Love the card especially those flowers. Interesting technique with the vellum. Never heard of that before. Have a great day

Cat Craig said...

This is lovely Leslie and reminds me again to give it a go...maybe even this weekend...I love the reds and pinks on the blooms and that gray green is fantastic.

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I'm loving your color scheme today! Another beautiful floral card to make someone's birthday special!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

I"m loving these flowers and your magic with the sticky sheets and vellum. The colors and texture are a beautiful combination! Whether new, old, or in between - I'm always inspired by what you make!

Lisa Elton said...

I have to give this vellum trick a try, you always make it look effortless! This barely banana color is a wonderful background to those lovely blooms!

Bonnie said...

I can't help but be happy when I see this bright and pretty card! I love the vellum technique and thank you for introducing it. I especially love it on the yellow cardstock. It makes a perfect background for these gorgeous bright flowers!

Darlene said...

Well, aren't you the clever one!!! I never think to use the drawer full of vellum I have in my stash and it looks amazing the way you've used it here (thanks for inspiration). The coloring on your flowers is beautiful! Awesome creation ... sure to bring a smile it's such a HAPPY card!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner

Diane said...

A downright gorgeous floral and a beautiful use of the vellum, the softness of the background and the brightness of the florals are a match made in heave, very lovely!

Cynthia M said...

I love how you use what you have like those beautiful SU ink colors and paper to make new and beautiful cards! I love your creativity! I always have! Sharing thanks for sharing your talent with us. I love what you did here with those pretty flowers.🌺

Conniecrafter said...

I do love that effect with the embossing folder, the yellow is such pretty color to go with your gorgeous inked flowers and leaves, Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Leslie, love the idea of the sticky sheets with thin vellum, and your lovely florals so, so pretty. Thanks for sharing! Hugs,

Birgit said...

The embossed vellum over the banana yellow colored cardstock truly is magical! What a gorgeous, soft background for the beautiful flowers. This is ever so pretty!

Lynette said...

Such a great color combination for the flowers! And I still love your trick of vellum over cardstock before embossing. :-)

Loll said...

Your beautiful pink blooms look amazing on the soft yellow background Leslie. Your 'embossed vellum over cardstock' is still on my to-do list. :) xx

Ida said...

Beautiful card. Loving the use of the embossed vellum.