Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Balloons and Candles

Hello friends!  One more card this week as I play along in the AAA Birthday Challenge #49 which is asking for balloons.  I thought AAA was only CAS.  I didn't realize they have a sister challenge just for birthdays, and any style card is welcome.  Not only that, but it's a month-long challenge.  My favorite kind, slow stamper that I am.  Apparently I was under my rock again, tsk tsk.

Now is the time to bring out my most recently received embossing folder from the Spellbinders 2D embossing folder club.  I'm a little behind on all my embossing folders from various makers, but catching up as I have more cards with other folders waiting in the wings.  I like this folder more than I thought I would.  I mean, it's kind of just right for a birthday celebration.  Some cake would be nice, I suppose, but today it's just balloons.



The balloons are my one and only set of balloon dies.  They're cut from low sparkle glitter paper.  Strings are colored with a light gray Copic to make them more noticeable against the white.  I left space at the top of my midi-slimline card (6 3/4" x 3 3/4") so I could blend inks to somewhat suggest the glow of the candles.  The card base is white shimmer paper, the other white is Neenah 80#.  The black sentiment is shimmered with Wink of Stella.  Stickles glitter glue on the candles.

The balloons are layered once.  The sentiment is three layers to make it pleasantly chunky.  Star sequins enhance the party atmosphere.



It seems like a lot of talk to explain a relatively simple card.

AAA Birthday:  Game #49 -- Balloons
Also NBUS Challenge #50 -- First time use of the candles embossing folder.


 


Thank you!  Till next week... wishing you a wonderful life!


Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, white shimmer cardstock, black, assorted glitter cardstock  Ink:  SU Summer Sun and Tangerine Tango  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Paper Smooches Happy Birthday, Impression Obsession Balloons  Other:  Spellbinders Candles for Every Birthday embossing folder, Queen & Co sequins, Wink of Stella, Stickles Stardust glitter glue


23 comments:

Glenda said...

What a happy card my friend! I love the candle background and your balloons are perfect!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful birthday card love the sparkly balloons and fabulous embossed candle background-love it
Carol x

Yogi said...

cute card. Have a great day

Cindy Beach said...

I love whatever talk you include, Leslie! Your creative process is always inspiring! This card with its candles, texture, glow and sparkle is screaming birthday to me! So festive and oh, so pretty!

Lynette said...

A wonderful embossing folder to use with the sparkly balloons! I like the ink blending at the top, too. Great card.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love your birthday card! It can be use for all ages which makes it nice. The embossing folder is so cute with those candles and goes so well with all those stars and balloons. These would be great to duplicate and have on hand. Have a great weekend.

Evelyn S. said...

How fun is this card! And all the "Leslie Detail" that it includes! Such a variety of colors and shapes, all contributing to the wonderful card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, this is such a fun, colorful and beautiful card, perfect for either kids or adults😉
I love that embossing folder, it goes perfectly with those festive balloons, and you did a fantastic job creating the lovely glow of the candles.
Gosh, I need to get back into my craft room but I'm kind of still adjusting to my hubby's retirement, LOL!!
Any way, thank you for the inspiration and for sharing💕
Give your goldens a big hug.
Stay healthy and safe.
Love always.
Maria.

Bonnie said...

No cake needed to celebrate with these candles and glittery balloons, Leslie! I hadn't paid any attention to this embossing folder but now I think it may need to fall in my basket!

Cat Craig said...

Super fun and festive Leslie. I like the size you ended up with because every one of the elements you placed need to be there. Love this.

nancy littrell said...

Such a colorful and cheerful birthday card, Leslie. I love your die cut balloons and candles dry embossed background. TFS your fun celebration card, my friend. Love and hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

This sweet card could almost make me want another birthday, Leslie! Ha!
Those are the only balloons a girl could need, with their darling swirly strings - perfect for that embossing folder, too!
Happy weekend, my friend!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS card Leslie!! I love your sparkly balloons but most of all LOVE how you used the new embossing folder and cutting around the candle flames...I never would have thought of that but I love, LOVE it!! Guess I better get busy and get my folder out and actually use it!! Thanks for the great inspiration my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Diane said...

I love your sparkle-y balloons and your birthday card with all the candles, what a great folder, our 3D club folder this month was balloons!! It is a fabulous birthday card!!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning design, great colour combo, love it. xx

Conniecrafter said...

so fun and festive, I like the glitter on your candles and the glow from them on your background, like the glitter balloons too!

Christine Alexander said...

fun card, love your candle embossed surface, great way to use it by cutting it out ♥

HilaryJane said...

I do love the little area of ink blending above the embossing, it gives a wonderful effect to this very cheery and classic birthday card xx

Tristan said...

Great card Leslie. Love that candle EF and how you've only coloured the top row flames. Perfect for behind those bright balloons. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

Jane.D said...

What a fab birthday card! I love it! So glad you found us, welcome to AAA Birthday challenges! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us, I do hope we'll see you again in future challenges. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Margaret said...

Such a fun birthday card. All your elements just all blend together. I like how you dusted the top with the yellow for the candles. That's a lot of birthday candles. Once again, such a cute, creative card.

laurie said...

Amazing card! That folder is awesome.

Brenda said...

Ha, I'm always under a rock! And a very slow maker to boot. What a fun and festive birthday card Leslie! I love all the beautiful colors and the candle "glow". That embossing folder is a fun one I agree. I am so far behind with the two kits that I get from Spellbinders, one day.....Anyway, love this card, love how cheerful and festive it is! Hugs, Brenda