Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge -- December



Welcome back to the Two Old Bat's year 'round Halloween challenge!  Right in the middle of the busy holiday season... truth is, it was fun to take a break from Christmas cards after being up to my eyeballs in them for quite a while now.

We have an inspiration board, but not required to use it.




I love playing off the boards and my Halloween card o' the month was inspired by the bats and the 31 in the upper right of the board.  I paired a Deep Red Halloween Dress Form stamp with Impression Obsession's Halloween Stamp.  This eerily pretty party dress just needs the cobwebs brushed off and it's ready to wear!



I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed for the fine detail.  Brushed some color on the background, colored the bow and 31 with a Tombow marker.  Hand cut the postage stamp and popped it up on foam tape.  The papers are not Halloween, but I wanted some different colors for this card.  The fancy non-Halloween die frame worked out great when cut in black.  All in all I like it!

Come see us at Two Old Bats.  I know this is not an easy time to be making Halloween cards, but it's fun if you've got the time.  Challenge ends on the 28th.  Have a great day!


Stamps:  Deep Red Halloween Dress Form, Impression Obsession Halloween Stamp  Paper:  SU Whisper White, black card base (not visible in photo), years old Memory Box and 7 Gypsies designer paper  Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU Crushed Curry and Going Gray  Coloring:  Tombow marker and SU inks brushed on backgrounds  Other:  Clear embossing powder, foam mounting tape, Spellbinders Divine Eloquence and Labels Twenty Eight

22 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Oh Leslie! This ia a wonderful Halloween card! I love that wire dress form...and the shaped top of the card. It's so good!

Diane said...

Oh gee, you know I LOVE this stamp as I own it too, it's a favorite of mine and you have show cased it so well, great design and love the touch of orange on the bow, perfect use of the mood board too!!

Darlene said...

TOTAL AWESOMENESS! Love the shape and those images are fabulous ... not to mention your coloring ... you sure have an eye for where to add touches of color! FABULOUS card my friend! Well done!

kramer_buffy said...

That iron gate and the dress form are gorgeous, like I can't take my eyes off them!

-- Dalis

Margaret said...

What a fabulous Halloween card. I love that image and the iron gate die you used. Also, the designer paper looks great on it.

Lynette said...

I love the way that you combine the perfect elements to make the perfect card! What a cool stamp.

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, I love everything about this! That dress form stamp is so cool. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Oh, I am so tempted to make a Halloween card! Too many unfinished things going on. I need more time to get everything done! The card is just perfect especially with the '31' and the stamped images with the cat and spider! Love it!

Cat Craig said...

What a cool and sophisticated Halloween card. Fabulous!

Yogi said...

that's a cute card and I love the dress form. Have a great day

Anonymous said...

Amazing Halloween card !

Conniecrafter said...

so very cool, I love the dress and the little cat getting ready to get the spider, like your stamped adding in and the papers and framing were perfect choices with this!!

Christine Alexander said...

Fun Halloween dress form, such a fun card and love the layering of the stamp with the 31st :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Leslie, I just love this beautiful dress, the bats seem to love it too!!! And that little kitty, that looks so much like my Ivy, playing with the spider is just adorable.
The DSP and die-cut you used to frame this image are just perfect.
This dress would be a hit at any Halloween party.
Awesome card, teammate.
XO

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful Halloween card, Leslie! You have the best Halloween stamps!

pam said...

What a fabulous Halloween card Leslie, love the stamp you have used. I do not make Halloween cards! like you up to my eyeballs with Christmas cards
Hugs Pam x

Cindy Beach said...

You find the most unique stamps, Leslie! You combine them with such flair and imagination. This card is fun and fabulous!

Pauline said...

Amazing! You are the 'queen' of halloween cards Leslie! Love everything about this card! WOW!!

Ros Crawford said...

LOVE it!! That stamp is fabulous and the addition of all those elements are just perfect!Have a lovely day my friend... Hope all is well

HilaryJane said...

This is just great. I love all the different elements xx

laurie said...

Love this!! I keep meaning to play along but oh the time gets by me!

laurie said...

Spooky! I love that image and it looks awesome framed!