Sunday, August 1, 2021

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge -- August

Is it really August already?  Time flies and we're going to get earnest about fall cards soon, but I'm feeling more ready because I've been in a monthly Halloween groove all year thanks to the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

Today's card is fun and girly in a witchy kind of way.  I colored a new-to-me Bugaboo digi and gave it a non-Halloween sentiment which seems to work pretty well with the shoe.




The inspiration board gives us a nice variety of jumping off points.  I based my card loosely on the cupcake photo because I had a hankerin' to color the shoe.



The "fantastic" is cut from orange glitter paper.  The zigzag stitch is an old Hero Arts stamp.  I added blue and orange gems, a glitter resin dot, and some Wink of Stella which doesn't show in the photo.  Coloring was done with Tombow markers and a blender pen.




Come see us at Two Old Bats and share your Halloween card or project in the gallery.  We were so pleased to have an increased number of players with lots of fabulous entries in our July challenge.  Have a fantastic day! 


Stamps:  Bugaboo Heels Witches Shoe digi, Verve Simply Amazing, Hero Arts zig zag stitch  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, orange glitter cardstock, other white card base, DCWV Happy Halloween mat stack  Ink:  Printer, SU Not Quite Navy  Coloring:  Tombow markers and blender pen  Other:  Rhinestones, Doodlebug Halloween Sprinkles (glitter resin dot on tag), Wink of Stella, Verve Amazing Adjectives die, Sizzix Fancy Tags


18 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

I don't make Halloween cards but love to see yours, they are always so much fun :)
Beautiful colouring of your digi Witches boot XX

Pauline said...

Love this! Leslie, you always make the best Halloween cards! I don't do very many myself, so I really enjoy yours! Such a 'fantastic' card! Hope you are keeping well. Hugs,

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic shoe! I'm sure it's the envy of all the other witches!

Darlene said...

Oh Leslie this is just AWESOME!! LOVE your coloring on this fun image! What a fabulous overall design ... you are so clever!!

Yogi said...

wonderful card. Love that shoe... Have a great day

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Oh, I love that shoe and that fantastic die!! I can't believe that it is August as well. Ever month I see your design for the challenge and want to make one and never make it - maybe this month! I don't know what I use to do when I worked!! Hope Lulu is doing well! Jennifer has a little red fox visiting her and it is driving Daisy crazy!!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shoe and colouring love the non-traditional Halloween colours
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

that is one terrific shoe, I like the web on the shoe, neat details, the faux stitching looks great with it. Like how you used stamp combined with die cut for the sentiment.

nancy littrell said...

Wow...Fabulous Witches shoe, DSP, and clever and creative card design, Leslie. You always amaze me with your unique and creative Halloween cards and they are always so different with all your layering, stamping, coloring and more:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Glenda said...

This is just too cute! I love Halloween but I haven't made cards for several years. Since my grandson grew up I just stopped doing them. You have inspired me to do some again!

Cat Craig said...

Oh what fun...oh wait wrong holiday. No seriously, such a cute bootie. I really need to get on with the Halloween cards. Yikes.

Donna Ellis said...

It looks GREAT! Especially with the cool BG shoe! Jodie is a fabulous artist. I always admire your use of patterned paper, and it's good seeing your stitching again! I hope to start playing with my stitching again soon! What I really like is that you used orange and non-traditional Halloweenie colors! Brilliant! hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card as you know I only make them for design teams as we don't celebrate the occasion but it's all in the fun. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific!1 I love you halloween creations... Always fun and colourful.

Diane said...

Now that is one fancy fancy shoe, the witch will certainly be 'stylin'!! Always love your Halloween cards!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! I would totally be wearing this super cool boot, love the colors and the awesome design, the stitching looks amazing!!
XO

HilaryJane said...

This is such a lively and fun card. I do wish I could wear shoes like that, but sadly, those days are long gone! xx

kramer_buffy said...

Those shoes! Oh my those shoes! I want a pair!

-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com