Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Bee-Day Wishes

Hi, everyone!  I made a brand new card while LuLu was taking her afternoon nap.  We do our best to manage our new normal, but it's a big change.  Still hoping for improvement.  As I write this I'm waiting for a call from the vet to discuss her progress.

I had my card all laid out before LuLu's incident.  It's for Double D's BEE Inspired challenge.  Did you know they post their next two inspiration boards in the blog sidebar?  It's nice for people like me who want to play, but always seem to be running behind.  Anyway, here's my card using a retired and sold out Power Poppy stamp set called Bee Kind Toile.



Using a die as a guide, I pencil-traced a circle onto which I designed my wreath.  There are multiple small stamps at work here.  The wreath started out with a leaf/flower swag in the bottom center, then I stamped one tiny leaf sprig repeatedly along the remainder of the wreath, and inserted a tiny flower stamp here and there.  The rest of the composition came after that, including the honeycomb stamped lightly around the edges.  The sentiment banner is popped up.

I nested dies to make the scalloped frame and then fit the stamped frame inside.  It's just a way to avoid an extra layer and keep the weight under one ounce.  Easy to mail, less than an ounce cards are my personal challenge.

Pictured below is the inside of the card.  No color, but pretty stamps.



Just a note... we've been taking LuLu for rides in the garden wagon and then letting her out when we get to our destination.  We pulled her to a friend's house at the end of the street to visit with him and his two dogs.  She's not crazy about the wagon, but she sure enjoyed the visit.  It's important to keep up the routine as much as possible to avoid depression.  Wally thinks it's great fun to run alongside.  



We're pictured here in our backyard with my garden clothes and wild hair.  I don't know why my hair looks so white, but nevermind me...  Isn't LuLu adorable?  


Double D BEE Inspired Challenge



Wishing you a beautiful day!


Stamps:  Power Poppy Bee Kind Toile (retired)  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, SU Close to Cocoa, BoBunny Very Vintage Double Dot designer paper  Ink:  Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Spica Chocolate glitter pen, Scotch brand foam mounting tape, Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackables, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets





25 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous Lulu and You...xx

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty card, Leslie! Love all that uplifting yellow and the sweet bees! Looks like Lulu is getting the Queen Bee treatment and well she should!

Lynette said...

What a wonderful card, Leslie! I'm glad you told how you did the wreath - I just assumed it was one stamp. Thanks for the update on Lulu, and the picture. It's nice she can still get out and enjoy her routines. I sure wish you all the best.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the wreath you createdand the beautiful Bee stampLuLu looks happy enough and still has a sparkle in her eyes-so everything crossed for her
Carol x

Yogi said...

lovely. nice pic f you and Lulu. Hope everything turns out OK. Have a great day

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous card, love your bee theme :)
Lulu looks so happy to be with the family, and such a great idea to use the wagon. I be Wally looks so cute running beside. Wild hair means you've been having fun outside ♥

Unknown said...

All three of you are adorable although Wally might object to be called adorable. Lovely card also.

Ros Crawford said...

Lulu is absolutely gorgeous!! As is Wally. I'm glad to see her looking so happy... Wonderful photo and wonderful card to Leslie... I'm loving how you decorated inside too.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card, Leslie. And beautiful LuLu and beautiful YOU, wild hair and all! Hope LuLu gets a thumbs up from the vet. XO

Cat Craig said...

Lulu is adorable, and your love for her shines through. Sweet card, I have never thought to use a scalloped edge die on patterned paper...I am going to have to do it. T his looks great.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow you did a fabulous job on making that wreath, before reading I thought it was all one stamp, your hive stamp is perfect for the challenge and like your ghosted stamping all around the card and such beautiful framing with the scallops!
Wow it amazes me that Lulu would just stay sitting in the wagon but I bet she loves just getting outside no matter who it is, hope you get a good report today!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great job you did creating the wreath on your card! Such a cheerful card. I like how you fit the frame and scallop together - everything goes together so well! I was at a Dr's appt. this AM and I got the notification from follow-it on your post. I wanted to let you know how that I could read your post and see other posts as well. I'm pretty happy with this software.

Cindy Beach said...

it is a beautiful day and makes me extra happy to see the pic of you and Lulu. your card is so pretty and beautifully stamped! the wreath is perfection. Hoping you got good news from the vet.

Diane said...

First I want to say I hope Lulu is getting along better, I love the picture of you too and look how happy she looks, I pray she improves! Your card is beautifully created, love how you did the wreath with the bee hive in the center, a gorgeous design and thanks for joining our challenge at Double D. The birds I used are Love Birds from Paper Artsy from Frantic Stamper https://www.franticstamper.com/Paper-Artsy--JOFY-Cling-Mounted-Rubber-Stamps--Mini-20_p_95596.html (they have 2 left) and BTW there is also NEW Mintay out there. Have fun!!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous wreathe framing the bee hive with the busy bees buzzing around. Loved the softly stamped honeycombs for the background and pretty die cut framing. TFS and especially thank you for the photo of Lulu in her garden cart being loved by her mommy:-) I look forward to visiting in a few weeks now that we get our booster in a couple of days:-) I can't wait to see all the family and your Redo:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Glenda said...

Love your Bee card. It has been awhile since I used any bees to grace a card. But the best part of your post is getting to see Lulu and Wally. Theyt both look like they are smiling. It's also great to see you as well!

Darlene said...

Your card is just awesome Leslie! SO HAPPY to see LuLu looking happy & content. Wild hair or not, you look beautiful and what fun to have Wally trailing along with you all on your walks. You're an awesome poppy mama! Thanks for helping advertise our challenge blog so well ... much appreciated!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Bee-inspired’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Darnell said...

Leslie, I was doing a bit of catch-up on Bloglovin and saw your post about LuLu's stroke. I'm so very sorry to hear that you are going through this. The photo of you with her is stunning. It's wonderful that she is in no pain. I can't even talk about it either if I stop and look at her face in that photo. It's clear she truly is the sweetest. Sending much love and huge hugs, Darnell

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, I remember this set from Power Poppy and it's just so beautiful, love the wreath around this sweet beehive, with all those sweet bees flying about, the hexagon stamp is just the perfect compliment for this adorable image.
Now, I'm incredibly happy to see Lulu looking so happy and at peace, looks like she is in no pain and that is wonderful news.
And you look amazing, your hair is beautiful and shiny, this picture with you and Lulu in the forefront and Wally coming behind you should be framed!!
Thank you for sharing.
Stay healthy and safe, my friend.
XO

Kathy Krug said...

Both you and Lulu are bee utiful. Love the card you designed for the challenge. i always forget about stenciling. It is perfect for this card.

Lisa Dolson said...

Hi Leslie, your card is darling! As always I enjoy your artistry. So sorry to read about your LuLu. i remember when you brought her home. You had to interview with her owner before he would turn her over to you and Rich - if I remember correctly. LuLu does look very happy being hugged by you!

Vicki said...

Leslie, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! This card is spectacular. I love the background papers and die cuts. The coloring is amazing as always. Great stenciling and use of those stamps! Keeping Lulu and all of you close in thought. Thanks for joining our Double D, "Bee Inspired" Challenge.

HilaryJane said...

What a clever card, that wreath is fantastic, love the subtle colouring inside it and the honeycomb around the edge. Thanks for the tip re the layers, good idea. Fingers crossed re Lulu, hope her recovery continues xx

Loll said...

LOVE your watercoloured bee card with the fabulous PP image. Great details with your lightly stenciled honeycomb background and scallop-edged framing. LOVE that Queen Bee sentiment too ... I know lots of friends that are worthy of that! :) LuLu looks content in the wagon. She is enjoying her outing and being with Mommy is the BEST! Take care LuLu!! xx

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Leslie, love everything about this! I have this set and have yet to use it tsk, tsk on me! As for Lulu, well since I've read your most recent post, I know she doing better, but regardless, love seeing her and Wally any time. She is so beautiful! And as for you I think you look amazing! Thanks for sharing the photo. Take care Leslie.