Friday, January 17, 2020

Birdhouse In Frame

Well, I didn't get much done in my stamp room this week.  Last week I was on a roll in there, this week I was on a roll in other areas.  However, I did make a card just so I could use this darling little Cottage Cutz Birdhouse with Vine which I found last month at Scrapping Cottage in their 'retired' category.  I thought this sweet set would make a nice accent on a flower or critter card, but then I was gifted the Sue Wilson Leafy Frame just this month, so I wondered how the two of them would work together.





Hmmm... so I think it's a lot of frame for that little bitty birdhouse, but I do adore the look of it, the colors, the whole works.  The background is Salty Ocean and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks directly on the card base, and the birdhouse and punched heart were colored with Copics.

The Leafy Frame does not cut an outer edge, so you can decide if you want to make a frame or an inset pattern.  For this card I cut a panel of white 4 1/2" x 5 1/4" and centered the frame die over it, and that's my card size.




Whether I'm playing with dies or coloring a 'picture' I'm reminded of how much I loved this stuff as a child.  I'm still that same kid, but with better toys.  Are you with me?

Have a happy day!


Stamps:  Hero Arts Small Greetings set  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 100 lb  Ink:  Distress Oxide Salty Ocean and Twisted Citron, Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Accessories:  Heart punch, 1" circle punch  Dies:  Cottage Cutz Birdhouse with Vine, Sue Wilson Leafy Frame

20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is gorgeous Leslie, love that die so pretty with the pastel background.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful dies -they work perfectly together and yes I know where you are coming from lol
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

No way is it too much frame...it could be a hummingbird house. In any case this is just the cutest little house inside the vine frame. I love the bright coloring and the sponging. Fabulous.

Pauline said...

Leslie this is beautiful. I love the leafy frame along with the bird house, they were meant for each other. Not too much at all. Your oxide background is the perfect colour for the scene you created. Love everything about this! Oh, and yes I'm with you! Love when you create. Have an awesome day!

Darnell said...

They were made together like peanut butter and jelly, Leslie! This is a beauty with your amazing blending and coloring! I love the way you did the wee sediment and have the branch dangling for dementia! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those dies look amazing together. I love that cute birdhouse design. I cans ee why you grabbed it.

Conniecrafter said...

Is that ever stinking cute, wow these dies are like they were made for each other, I think it frames it perfectly, love how you gave to color to the dies too, especially that sweet little bird, oh my :) So love the way the branch is holding up the bird house and that little heart with the sentiment, such a great touch!

Margaret said...

This is so adorable and it all goes together just perfectly. I love how you colored the background. It really helps make the whole picture stand out. Great coloring as usual.

Yogi said...

really cute bird cage image and works perfectly with that leafy border. Pretty. Have a great day

Pam Sparks said...

Awesome Leslie! I missed this sweet branch, bird and house! I'm bad about getting stuck in the Christmas category at CC. ugh. lol I love this frame too! Gorgeous... so fun! Such a happy card and inspiring me to get busy!

Inkyfingers said...

I love this beautiful card, Leslie! The leafy frame is perfect against the pretty background and I love how you coloured the birdhouse, bird and leaves.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Carol x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This card is just darling! I love the little birdhouse and that you hung it on a branch. I think the leaf die is perfect with it. Looks like it's hanging among all the branches. So cute! Have a great weekend.

laurie said...

Love love love this!! Those are some awesome dies!

Darlene said...

OMG this is so so 'tweet' (lol couldn't help myself). LOVE your pretty pastel background and your coloring is just perfect (imagine that!! lol) With snow & ice outside my window today, your card helped lift my spirits! THANKS! Hug to you my dear friend!!

pam said...

Gorgeous card Leslie, I think they are perfect together, house and frame! make a wonderful scene, love the colours.
Pam x

Christine Alexander said...

Love your blended background, it makes me think sunny summer days. It's perfect for your framed bird house :)

Diane said...

Gorgeous card with another fun Cottage Cutz design and love the pretty Spring colors (especially since it is 10 degrees here and snowing and snowing). I had no idea it din't cut totally out, but I sure do like it, and guess what I don't have it myself..should of bought two LOL!! Enjoy your day!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so cute and delicate. That must be one happy little bird to live in such splendour!

Cindy Beach said...

I just love this card, Leslie! The softly colored background is so pretty and I love the frame and bird house dies together. You have such an eye for design - each card layout seems like it was made for the elements you've chosen.

Loll said...

Sweet card Leslie! LOVE the little bird and house. Beautiful background colours with the leafy die-cut frame overtop. xx