Actually, this card happened when I was trying to do something else entirely. It's the salvaged end result of a two day stamping fiasco. I think I'm a little too distracted lately. The stamp is Power Poppy's Pure Prairie Spirit, watercolored with Gansai Tambi paints on Arches 140 lb hot pressed watercolor paper. The watercoloring was enjoyable, but I ran into trouble with the design. I know! It looks so simple, but what a struggle getting there!
Long story and I'll spare you most of the details. Can you tell the card base is navy blue? Not black. I was thinking I never use navy blue, but when I went to my folder of navy blue paper I found it almost gone. Hmmmm... must have liked it more at some point. The oval frame was stamped in a lighter blue with Stampin' Up!'s retired Linen background -- still a favorite.
I had one too many leaves on the card so I used Un-Do to remove one. Un-Do is usually my friend, but it betrayed me this time and ripped the paper, and that's how the flags come to be there -- a cover up. The leaves looked bland and needed some help. Maybe a bow would be pretty, but you know me and lumpy cards... we just don't jive, hence the butterfly. It was die cut from one of the pretty alcohol ink-on-acetate backgrounds my friend made for me.
We brought our new travel trailer home after a three hour orientation and it's sitting largely in the middle of the driveway right now. I'll get some pictures to share one of these days. We shopped for a few things for it, but it's not yet fully stocked. Lots of fun just getting it ready for a trip. Unfortunately we discovered a rotten corner on our house where rain water ran under the siding and now that has to be fixed. We've been having quite a time of it for about a month and a half now when ordinarily everything is so hunky dory here. I guess it was our turn. It will all work out.
Enjoy your day!