Hello my friends! I hope you're in the mood for lots of photos because I had a busy World Cardmaking Day, plus I wanted to try out my new iPhone 18 Pro Max. Would you believe my old phone was an iPhone 6? That's quite a jump! The idea was to have it for when I'm out and about and not have to carry an extra camera (especially for the dogs). Not sure I'm ready to switch for card photos, but I think it did a pretty good job.
Enough about that... let's see a card. I have two first time uses here --- SSS Sunflower Blooms die set, and 3 Quarter Designs Sunflower Elixir designer paper. I believe I got the designer paper on Amazon, along with a few other ultra-gorgeous paper pads which I hope to use soonish. The sunflower and sentiment are ink blended with brushes, and I sponged the edges of the designer paper and the card base as well. Three layers of petals, three layers of sentiment.
It's very simple, actually, but in a rather stately and mature kind of way. A little bit vintage maybe.
My efforts Saturday mostly focused on my new interest, art journaling. Let's be frank and call it an obsession. Many evenings while Rich is playing solitaire on the computer I've immersed myself in art journaling videos (YouTube on the TV). I've made two books and purchased one. The book I'm sharing today is made from envelopes with the workable page space measuring approximately 3 1/2" x 5 1/4". It ties closed with ribbon.
The video I learned from is here. I used 5 x 7 kraft envelopes which someone found at a yard sale and gave to me. It's a cute little book and the small pages are good for a beginner.
However, anyone who makes cards cannot be called a beginner. Art journaling is simply a way to do more of what you love without hurrying, and the only one you're trying to please is YOU. The following is art journaling done my way.
There's die cutting, stamping, painting splattering, and more of that gorgeous Sunflower Elixir paper. It's probably retired. This 6x6 pad has 12 single sided pages. Heavyweight and semi-gloss. You know I had to use the Golden Retriever first thing. I stamped paw prints along the edges in Ranger Archival Watering Can in order to bring the dog and flowers more together.
The frame is a Taylored Expressions oldie. I painted it with acrylic Distress Paint in Iced Spruce, and then brushed over it randomly with white acrylic paint.
The small flowers and foliage are from the SSS Country Basket Bouquet set. I love how the added paw prints suggest the dog has been politely walking along the edge of the flower garden. To finish, Distress Vintage Photo ink was sponged around the edges, and white acrylic paint splatters added over all.
Sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge #91 with my SSS Sunflower Blooms die set and 3 Quarter Designs Sunflower Elixir designer paper as my never before used schtuff.
That's all for today. I think I'll just wrap this up and get busy with my day. Much as I'd like to stay there's lots to be done outside my craft room. I enjoyed catching up with your crafty creations this weekend, and I'm happy you stopped by to see me today.
Have a beautiful day!








.gif)
21 comments:
Lovely card with this amazing design ♥
You’ve been busy. All beautifully done. Wonderful job on coordinating all the layers. Have a great day
What a warm and beautiful card! Such a marvelous way to send birthday wishes. Speaking of marvelous... I do like the way you journal!!
Wonderful card and art journals, Leslie!! I so love that you're becoming so immersed in art journaling. It really is relaxing as there are no "rules". The vintage style on all of these appeal to my vintage loving heart. The warm colors, the ink splatters and your use of layering, all are just perfectly lovely.
Oh my goodness!! Absolutely stunning Leslie! I love the look of art journals but I'm not sure what to do with them and that's why I've never tried to make them. Do you put photos inside? Or is each page a beautiful work of art like the front? Either way yours is amazing!
What a fun post Leslie...I didn't want it to end!! The card and the art journal are both FABULOUS with that gorgeous Sunflower and beautiful dsp...and all the additions to added to both! You know the golden totally stole my heart! So glad you had a productive WCMD...it totally shows in this lovely, lovely post my friend!! Hugs. :0)
If I hadn't had the Spellbinder Sunflower already, this SSS one would have come to mama, Leslie! She's a beauty from your first fabulous card to the last journaling page - of course you had to use that golden first! Such a fun new hobby to fall in love with that uses ALL the lovely products you already have!
=]
Beautiful card and the art journal is an amazing piece of 'art'. Love the golden page as before we had doodles we had 2 Goldens, both named Nick, the hubby insisted the 2nd one was named the same after the first one passed, so that page has a big place in my heart and I love the paw prints too, gorgeous papers too and what a perfect project for this time of year, I can't wait to see more!!
A beautitul card, I really like it. tfs
WOW! WOW! ... yep, you deserve it doubled, at least. :) Amazing post filled with so much beautiful and talent. I love your vintage sunflower card. It's filled with beautiful elements and I could stare at it all day. Your art journals are awesome. What a fun project and I love the first page with the golden. Great work Leslie! Looking forward to seeing more of what you add to your journal. xx
Your art journaling is fabulous. I love that you put the golden retriever on it reminiscent of your Wally and Lulu. Your card is equaling gorgeous. Such fun times.
Oh how you have wowed me with this card and amazing envelope journal! I dream of doing this - even bought a journal - but you have done it! And so beautifully! I totally get the part about doing it to please yourself. And I can see that you can get thoroughly engrossed in it! Btw, my husband plays endless games of solitaire with cards. Can't wait to see more, Leslie!
I had to sign into Google so you know it was me making this comment and not an anonymous person. It was important to me for you to know how much I enjoyed this post. Your cards are always gorgeous and very interesting but now you’re interested in art journaling and that is very intriguing to me. You made such good use of your sunflower die with the sunflower paper especially the golden retriever and those paw prints are so precious. I do love looking at your crafty things, but also I have to tell you I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing a little bit of your life. I did some crafting this weekend but since we’re packing up soon, mostly it was more like cleaning up old projects. Thanks so much, my friend. Looking forward to your next art journaling.
A beautiful sunflower card, Leslie! I love the perfect inking on the die cut and the pretty paper! Your art journal is fascinating! I've always found them interesting but never dared to try one. I do love your cover and the page with your sweet golden! I can't wait to see what else you put in it!
You are doing a beautiful job with your art journals, I love the use of the framing and the flowers are gorgeous, you know I love that cover with the pretty bird and like the title!
I do love the vintage feel that your card has, the paper is so pretty and the flower is gorgeous!
Both card and journal are beautiful, youve worked wonders with the paper xx
Stunning card, love the Vintage look paper and beautiful sunflower. WOW well done on the journaling and even making one, love all the pages, beautiful sunflowers and die-cut embellishments-brilliant.
Carol x
Nothing but stunners here Leslie. Love the colors, papers and techniques used. This is simply candy for the eyes!
Fabulous Leslie! You've captured sunflowers so realistically and beautifully!
Leslie, your card is absolutely stunning! wow, love this, very vintage feel. And your art journal, amazing so far. You are so very talented. I am always facinated by those that do the art journals, someday when I retire ( approx 16 months) I might give this a try. Sending hugs!
Wonderful card, and your art journaling is amazing! I can see why you would love that. It's not for me, but you so it so beautifully!!
Post a Comment