Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Double D Challenge, Oct 2026: Windows



Hello friends!  How about a "Windows" challenge today at Double D?  They make such a lovely home panel or focal point.  A beautiful way to start a card!  Here's some inspiration for you:




I have a few different window dies, and my Simon Says Stamp Window Trio hasn't been out to play quite often enough yet, so that's what I reached for.  It's looking out onto a beautiful fall day in the neighborhood thanks to La-La Land's In the City designer paper.



I've mixed up some older dies to add a potted plant and two cats to the card front.  SU's retired Subtle embossing folder gives a textured look to the "wall", and a sentiment from Power Poppy's retired Lavender set was hand cut and glued down to complete the scene.  The entire front panel is popped up for dimension.




The Double D team has more inspiration for you, and we'd love to see your creation in the player's gallery.  Come play with us!

Have a beautiful day!


Stamps:  Retired Power Poppy Lavender sentiment  Paper:  SU Going Gray, Basic Gray, Naturals White, Neenah 110 lb white for vine and pot, other black, La-La Land In the City designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black for sentiment, Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin pie for vine, Copics to color pot  Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Window Trio, Memory Box Blooming Vine, Tim Holtz Sizzix Cactus (pot), Impression Obsession Cats  Other:  SU Subtle embossing folder, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

17 comments:

Lia said...

On your card the cat is enjoying the autumnscene outside. I guess he rather likes staying inside oncoming week when fall really is coming over here with wind and rain.
Lia xx

Donna Phelan said...

Great window die, love how it can open too! Pretty Fall scene and I love the little kitty just sitting and waiting and the second one getting ready to interrupt him lol Beautiful sentiment too!

Barbara said...

I'm not sure how you do it but this sentiment is perfect for this card. The beautiful fall colors through the window are calming enough but then there's the sweet kitties sitting on the window sill looking out. We know how calming they can be. The love that you put many different companies together to make this card. It's gives such a nice feeling

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and Autumn scene through the die-cut window-love the two little black cats -my little black one Millie was 15yrs yesterday.
Carol x

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Leslie...I would love to live in this house! The window die is so pretty and the background dsp a perfect fit! Along with the kitties and colored leaves too! AWESOME card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Diane said...

A beautiful fall window scene and of course adding the cats looking our is right up my alley, could be a scene from my windows, a lovely mix of dies too, very inspiring!!

Yogi said...

What a beautiful card. So beautifully put together. Love the partially open window. I can feel the breeze coming in. Have a great day

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness ... what a FABULOUS scene you have created for your card! Love the view through your window and how cute are those kitties! Your card has a very soothing feel to it ... awesome job my friend ... love it!

Margaret said...

So cute, and I love that you added the purr=fect black kitties to the mix. Not just Autumn, but Halloweeny also.

Pam Sparks said...

This isn't just a card! This is an Autumn decor display piece! So wonderful Leslie!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty scene you've created! I like the pretty vine trailing up the window and the not too spooky black cats! Another marvelous make, Leslie!

Cindy Beach said...

I am loving this pretty view from the window, what a fabulous card, Leslie! What a difference the leaves and cats make to complete the scene. I agree, you should frame this beauty!

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, this is such a beautiful scene, complete with cats! Love it.

I Card Everyone said...

From the fabulous 'stucco' to those sweet little black cats, Leslie your card has everything I love!
Gosh, did I buy that window die? I might have!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love that your window is cracked open, Leslie! I hope the kitty doesn't escape! I wish I could see this color outside my window. The maple is turning brown instead of orange!

Loll said...

A beautiful fall day looking out your window, Leslie. Love your design and your two black cats look very cozy and relaxed. :) xx

Lynette said...

Definitely a peaceful, easy feeling! Love this card, Leslie. Beautiful and relaxing.