Monday, September 7, 2026

One More Daisy Card

Hi again!  Pardon me while I slip in a card I made way back in early August.  This was my third use of Spellbinders Fresh Picked Daisies and I think maybe my favorite.  I pulled a watercolor background from my stash and coordinated that with a Stampin' Up Marigold Morning card base, and Marigold Morning ink on the sentiment.  The daisies and leaves are Copic colored.



It's interesting how the leaves in this die set are very pretty and graceful, and the daisy flowers rather fun and funky.

I think I can put the daisies away for a while.

I'll leave you with the recipe, below, and a wish for a daisy kind of day!  Thank you!


Stamps:  Inside only  Paper:  Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, Stampin' Up Marigold Morning  Ink:  Marigold Morning, other forgotten for watercolor background  Coloring:  Copics for image, watercolor smooshing for background  Dies:  Spellbinders Fresh Picked Daisies, Creative Expressions Happy Birthday sentiment  Other:  Stampin' Up Subtle embossing folder for card base

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card, love the watercoloured background and die-cut daisies, I agree the leaves are very graceful and coloured perfectly.
Carol x

Birgit said...

Another beautifully colored card, Leslie. Your water coloring skills are amazing! I like the dreamy background for these fun daisies.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my this is such a fun card. I love the colors so beautiful.

Yogi said...

Lovely card Leslie. Love all the elements. With the weather we're having here it's nice to have a summery card to look at. Have a great day.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm sad to think this is the last of the season, Leslie... actually I have ONE lonely little Shasta Daisy left in the garden, too! Such a lovely goodbye - or rather see you again soon?
=]

Cindy Beach said...

So happy to see one more with the daisies, I think this is my favorite too. The dies are so so pretty, and I love the subtle embossing and background you chose.

HilaryJane said...

I do love daisies and am still looking for the perfect daisy die. As you say this one is interesting and unusual and I love what you have done with it. Daisy days are wonderful xx

Bonnie said...

Love that background and these whimsical daisies! Such a playful and happy card, Leslie!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a happy card Leslie! I love the water colored background that your Daisies are popping off from!! A sweet goodbye to Summer my friend, although it still feels like Summer here. Hoping things cool down here sooner rather than later, but I will be looking forward to the leaves changing colors! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is quite a lovey way to send happy birthday wishes! So long daisies, see you next year!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card. Love the cute daises. You always have such interesting pieces that just seem to fit together. Besides your beautiful card, I always love your settings.

Lynette said...

Daisies are the best. :-) Very pretty card.

Anonymous said...

I love your card Leslie! Beautiful design and these delightful daisies sure to brighten someone’s day if you can part with it! 😊

Conniecrafter said...

I do love your coloring of the leaves and the daises are so pretty too, your water color background compliments it so well!

Diane said...

Pretty, pretty daisies, a garden favorite, such happy flowers to me!!! You certainly have been putting out some gorgeous cards, always inspiring!!