Saturday, September 5, 2026

Guest Designing with Penny Black Saturday Challenge



Hello there!  I'm honored to be guest designing alongside Denise (The Crafty Den) at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month.  The theme is always "anything goes", but with an optional prompt.  This month the option is "use a die".

 


I'm all for using a die!  In this case I colored the wisteria blooms and leaves from Penny Black's Wings of Joy set, then cut the curve with PB's Curved Stitch die.  From my already-made-up stash I plucked a Memory Box dragonfly which happened to be just the right colors.



I watercolored with a mix of Stampin' Up inks and Tombow markers.  Did the background first, then the blooms.  The leaves were stamped separately and hand cut to drape over the blooms and add texture without too much dimension which enables the card to be easily mailable with no extra postage.  Finished with a few sequins for a touch of garden magic.




The sentiment is from the Penny Black Serene Beliefs set.  I've been using this set a LOT since its summer release, mostly for the insides.  Every word is beautiful.

I hope you'll join us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  I just love seeing all the PB goodness by the talented team and those who play along.  Have a super day!



Stamps:  Penny Black Wings of Joy and Serene Beliefs  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico extra white 140 lb hot press watercolor, Hammermill Premium 100 lb white  Ink:  Memento Toffee Crunch for image, Stampin' Up Brocade Blue for sentiment  Coloring:  Watercolor with Stampin' Up reinkers and Tombow markers  Dies and Other:  Penny Black Curved Stitch, Memory Box Azure Dragonflies, sequins, Wink of Stella on dragonfly wings


2 comments:

Helen said...

A beautiful card Leslie - perfect for our 'Use a Die' theme!
Thanks so much for being our Guest Deswigner this month!
Helen x

Cindy Beach said...

Garden magic paired with Penny Black magic is a fabulous WIN! Beautiful card, Leslie, in all it's soft drama., it's the picture of serenity. Glad you'll be posting your PB gems!