Hello again, friends! It's Double D time, and Diane has the prettiest board to inspire you. Today the challenge is Vases and/or Pitchers.
I love everything on the board and I could make one or more of each. However, I went with the watering can because I've only used my Spellbinders Sprinkle & Grow die set once and I didn't care for the card despite how cute the die set is. That's on me. Today I'm much happier!
I brought in a few extras from the toybox -- a pretty frame, some fun designer paper, a bit of grass, and a cute sentiment. The scalloped corners of the panel within the frame were done with a punch I've had since my early days of paper crafting. I love how it works with the frame as though it was meant to be. The sentiment was cut from the designer paper. The glossy dots were punched from it, too -- 1/4" & 1/8" hole punches -- then glossy glaze applied.
Sometimes everything comes together in harmony. I wish that was always the case.
We would love for you to come play with us at Double D. The team has some pretty vases and/or pitchers, and I just know you have some, too.
Thank you for taking the time to visit with me today!
Stamps: None Paper: Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb watercolor, Hammermill Premium 100 lb white, Stampin' Up Going Gray, Polkadoodles Peeling Paint designer paper Ink: Stampin' Up Gable Green and Almost Amethyst for blended background Coloring: Tombow markers for watering can, Copics for flower arrangement, ink blending with brushes for background Dies: Spellbinders Sprinkle & Grow, Simon Says Stamp Teardrop Pinpoint Frames, Creative Expressions Mini Hello & Hi, Impression Obsession Grass Border




11 comments:
Is that designer paper? It caught my eye immeadiately and is so grand for the start of this card. The gray frame is perfect to place that watering can filled with flowers in the center. I love the shaded colors in the panel from green to sky blue. You did a fabulos job on this one and you should be proud.
Oh my friend, this is amazing! That watering can looks real and love how your flowers coordinate so beautifully with that background! Well done ... absolutely beautiful and refreshing!!
What a gorgeous floral card, LOVE every single detail and the background is perfect for the pretty flowers, I love how sometimes our supplies all come together to make such a pretty card!!
Stunning design...what a breath of fresh air, Leslie! Love all of the subtle pastel colors. The layering and use of die cuts is fabulous. That watering can is so fun!
This is a beauty! Love a watering can brimming with some pretty florals! This would make for a lovely accent on a front porch or even on the garden itself! I adore those pretty, pretty flowers!
Oh Leslie...absolutely LOVE this card! Your watering can filled with the blooms is so pretty and I love how you've framed the little scene too! And the dsp in the background (and the sentiment!) is beautiful and I love the colors! What a delightful card...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)
Your "extras" are always the BEST! I was sure the frame meant your panel was die cut - wonderful how the punch matched it. The lovely border is perfect and your flowers are gorgeous in color and design. This is a fav, Leslie!
Beautiful card. I LOVE that background paper. Beautifully put together. Have a great day
This is so adorable, great design and coloring ♥
Oh my gosh, Leslie - that's stunning!! The watering can looks so real.
Beautiful bouquet in your watering can , love your coloring of it and such great framing for it also, the corner punch really fits it perfectly. Love the crackled wood background with it all too!
Post a Comment