Pages

▼

Monday, September 28, 2026

Woodland Bear and Polar Bear for Christmas

Hi my crafty friends!  I have two more for Christmas today because 'tis the season to pick up the pace.  I'm not sure how many names are on my list this year as I haven't counted, but it seems the number is dwindling.  I may have to come up with a different use for all my Christmas stamps and dies, and I certainly need to quit buying them.

However, this year I picked up the cute Hero Arts Peeking Winter Bear in a Spellbinders sale.  All the rest of my Christmas NBUS is from last year.  See what I mean?  Too much!



Along with the bear I've used the quite beautiful Simon Says Stamp Mountainside Leaves embossing folder for the first time.  The panel is Cougar Vanilla, brushed with SU Creamy Caramel.  It deserves to be front and center, but the nice thing about embossing folders is that it can be used over and over.

I could not get a photo that shows the sparkly parts adequately, but IRL the card almost appears to be in motion as you walk by it.  The star is glitter paper, the pom pom and the snowline on the ground are Diamond Stickles, and the tree decorations are Candy Cane Stickles -- so much prettier in hand.  The Candy Cane Stickles are a red and gold combo.  So blah in the photo (😞).




Next I made a polar bear with my Penny Black Crystal Frame and Memory Box Bauble Snowflakes.  I probably overuse the Crystal Frame, but it's so pretty!  The "Greetings" on both cards is a Cottage Cutz die.  Lots of glitter touches.  I added a heart to the bear and one to the snowflake.  This card is my favorite of the two.




Total Christmas cards in the box:  31

Sharing here:

Can You Handle the Pressure -- Anything goes using an embossing folder, with a twist of trees.  Sending my first card there.
Sisterhood of Crafters -- Frame it.  Sending my second card there.
NBUS Challenge #90 -- My never before used schtuffs are Hero Arts Peeking Winter Bear and Simon Says Stamp Mountainside Leaves embossing folder.

That's it for today.  There's always something crafty in the works so I hope to be back soon.  In the meantime I'll be stopping by to see what artful goodness you're up to.  I know it's going to be amazing!  Have a lovely day!



23 comments:

  1. Both beautiful cards, love the cute bear, embossed background and die-cut snowflakes. My list has drastically reduced, lots of family gone and can no longer post abroad for cards that need weighing due to post offices closing down.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bears are both absolutely darling, how did I not see them before at SBs? A beautiful EB folder too, another one I haven't seen either. I can't pick a favorite as each one has their own pull to me,
    both are fabulous!! I always say we need a camera that is just for card makers that picks up all the sparkle and correct colors, wouldn't that be fun??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cards using this peek-a-boo bear! I like that you made one a brown bear and one a polar bear. They've both so festive, and I can just imagine how wonderful the glittery glitz is in real life.
    I'm in the same boat as you. My card list is getting smaller but my stash of dies seems to continually grow. They've just got to stop coming out with new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your woodland bear and polar bear are both so ADORABLE peeking around the tree and frame (I love that frame too Leslie!)...cute, cute, CUTE!! And if only cameras could pick up all the sparkly goodness we add to our cards...totally understand that complaint my friend!! Don't beat yourself up either about the buying and growing NBUS pile...it's just what we crafters do!! Haha!! Two sweet, SWEET cards my friend...love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cards Leslie. I'm partial to the brown bear. 31 cards... crazy. I'm glad I don't have to make 1 card anymore... Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love that cute little bear. I make cards and take them to the local nursing home to be given to residents at Christmas time!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love their little hats and sweet peek-a-boo faces! These are both adorable, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know just what you mean about buying, Leslie! I'm so guilty of that and should not buy until I use what's stashed away. But the temptation is too great and the won't power not great enough! Your mountainside leaves is going on my wishlist and I certainly don't need it, but your inspiration is great! I'm loving these peeking bears and their resting places! Two more for the Christmas stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic cards using your new woodland bear. :) It doesn't even look like the same bear in both cards because of your colouring. Both cards are adorable. I haven't been buying many stamp sets for quite a while now. I do have a good stash from past years and I use those mostly. I have been a bit crazy buying dies though, and the NBUS box ... boxes! ... are very full. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The temptation to buy new stuff is an ongoing problem. I am glad you have used these supplies. Your bears are great and I really love that embossed background on your first card. I can imagine how all the sparkle makes it extra special xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know just who to reach out to if I'm ever in need of another adorable bear, my friend! OH. MY. Isn't he just the cutest? LOve him peeking out from behind the tree but he's just a much fun peeking out from that wonderful frame - don't stop using it!
    Two fabulous makes today, Leslie!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that bear is so adorable and it makes no difference if he's in the woods or on the ice! Fabulous cards, Leslie! I can imagine all the sparkle of the first cards, and I love the color you achieved on that background. The polar bear is my fav. And just saying, you can never use that PB frame too much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I don't know which I like more, they are both too cute, I love your embossing on the first and the color you used to ink it, goes great with the cute bear, and like all the sparkle you added to the card.
    The second bear is too cute too, like his rosy cheeks, the frame worked perfect with him and love the big snowflake with the heart :). I don't think I need as many this year either. I should make out a list and count how many I have too, I just made a bunch more for this month, been working at the last minute the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, that bear is just the cutest! Love the pink mittens and the cute hat with the sparkly pom pom on top! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are so adorable, but I must say, I love the polar bear one. Don't ask why; it just spoke to me. I've been making very simple Christmas cards this year. Trying to use up a large stash of Echo Park paper collections.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, Leslie! How you manage to always ramp up the cuteness factor in your beautifully put together cards is beyond me. This is just so cute, and I love the way you used it in two completely different color schemes. You are the master of using darling die cut sets with your inks, markers, colored card stock, and awesome designer papers. Somehow you always managed to use embossing folders that really bring out the entire essence to life in the backdrop that you’re creating. Your stories are just always happy, and bring out the smiles for the rest of us. I love this set. Thanks for sharing the joys of crafting with Leslie. Huggers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love coming here to see what new products you’re using! I love your festive bear designs! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my friend . . . both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and yes I'm sure, are far more fabulous in person! That Bear is just too much fun ... can totally understand the need to make a purchase with him!! Love the EF and that frame ... OMG what fun you must be having making your holiday cards (I really need to get busy on that topic! lol) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters & CYHTP challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Sisterhood of Crafters Owner
    Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  19. As much as I like the first one, the second one is my favorite, too. How could you possibly overuse that frame - it's gorgeous!! Your bear is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh dang, gotta love a good Spellbinders sale! Love your peeking bear and that snowflake frame is to die for! 🐻🐻❄️Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh, these are both fantastic cards! Love the embossed backgound on the first card, just gives it a whole other feel to this, adds lots of interest as well as all the sparkle on the tree! Second one is so cute, the rosy cheeks and the gliltter heart! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing art work Leslie. Love your journal and your card. You always amaze me with your Halloween projects. You have the best supplies! I love Vicki's art journaling, she is amazing (as is her cards). From what I see so far in your journaling, you are well on your way, keep up the great work! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comment. Due to a Blogger bloop I am now moderating comments so it may not show immediately. You are appreciated.