Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Jam Packed with Love for Penny Black Saturday Challenge



Hi everyone!  Popping in today with a reminder there's still time to play along in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  It's always anything goes, but our optional theme this month is "use a die".  I do have a die or two in my toybox, so I went that route.

 


I used a die for framing and to cut the sentiment, but the real cuties in this card are those two little mousers who've gotten into the jam jar.  Even though I don't want mice in my jam jar I can't help but find little furry creatures adorable and Penny Black's Homemade stamp set is jam packed with adorableness.  The sentiment in this case is from a Hero Arts set.



I watercolored with Tombow markers.  I added a pink wash around the mice, but when I saw the photo I was disappointed that it didn't show up.  Then I looked at the card again and realized it had all faded away!  What the heck?  Oh well, I left it as is and moved on.

The glossy dots are punched from designer paper, then coated with Diamond Glaze.  You know how I love doing that.  If you look closely you can see a bit of pattern in the larger dots.





That's it for me today.  This was great fun because you know how I love my Penny Black stamps.  It's guaranteed you'll love what my co-designer, Denise, and the PBSC team have created, and I really hope you can play along.  The more Penny Black, the merrier!

Have a happy day!




Stamps:  Penny Black Homemade, Hero Arts Jam Packed sentiment  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, other white for card base, Crate Paper Pretty Party designer paper (years old)  Ink:  Ranger Archival Watering Can  Coloring:  Watercolor with Tombow markers  Other:  Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Frames, other rectangle for sentiment, 1/4" & 1/8" hole punches, JudiKins Diamond Glaze, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

8 comments:

  1. Awww your Card is so sweet, Marmelade Sweet *smile*
    Greetings BAstelfeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GDT spot Leslie, gorgeous card and love the really cute House Mouse image and pretty paper.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it that paper mice can be so stinkin' cute, but the reaal ones not so much?!! Yours are absolutely ADORABLE Leslie and are totally making me smile this morning! Your water coloring is spot on as always and I can see hints of pink in the background! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, these PB mice are the only mice I enjoy having in my house. You've colored them up so perfectly!! I enjoy seeing your technique of making your own diamond glaze dots. They're super fun and I so wish I would remember to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Leslie. As long as the mice stay outside I’m ok with them… have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Your pink wash may have faded somewhat, but it still shows up on your card. It really helps pop out the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little critters in stamp form too but not so much in real life :) You have done a wonderful job with the coloring, like how you have added more strawberries around the card too, sweet sentiment to go with them, cute strawberry frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable Leslie! You are so good at coloring PB critters! Darling jam card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comment. Due to a Blogger bloop I am now moderating comments so it may not show immediately. You are appreciated.