Greetings friends! I haven't had this much fun playing house in a long time!
In June I bought the entire Whimsical Village Collection by Vicki Papaioannou for Spellbinders. They went straight to my use-next basket and here we are at the end of August and I'm just now getting around to them. I LOVE them! For each card I brought in a little something extra from the toy box. See under each picture for noteworthy mentions.
*** FALL ***
![]() |
| Spellbinders Whimsical Houses, Village Companions (clouds & dog), Whimsical Wishes sentiment Poppystamps Stitched Landscapes, Cottage Cutz Fall Barrel (sunflowers) |
*** HALLOWEEN ***
*** CHRISTMAS ***
![]() |
| SB Whimsical Houses, Whimsical Wishes, Whimsical Skies 3D embossing folder + white ink Memory Box Slender Pine Trees, Poppystamps Stitched Landscapes |
Total Christmas cards in the box: 23
I had way too much fun playing with this collection and getting three more cards done for the upcoming busy cardmaking season. I meant for the first card to be for Thanksgiving, but as soon as I glued down the sunflowers I realized they would not be in bloom in late November. Oh, well, a fall card is good, too!
Challenges:
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge. Anything goes or be inspired by the mood board.
Peace on Earth Challenge #118. Anything goes or be inspired by the mood board.
Thank you! Happy crafting!






.gif)
These whimsical houses are so fun and awesome, just so many possibilities with them I can see why you love them!! Love how you created a card for each season, each with their own unique details, your creativeness always puts me in awe!! Thanks too for joining our Peace On Earth and Two Old Bats challenge!!
ReplyDeleteAre these houses ever cute!! Your cards are delightfully whimsical, Leslie. The backgrounds are perfect for each little scene. Such great inspiration using Vicki's houses.
ReplyDeleteCute, and very whimsical! Love them all.
ReplyDeleteThey’re all wonderful. I LOVE the Halloween card. That turned out exceptionally well. I love all the elements of it. Have a great day
ReplyDeleteOoooooooooh...I love all 3 of these whimsical house cards Leslie! They are all making me smile! I really love the little pup in your late Summer/early Fall card, the colorful clouds in your Halloween card, and all the white trees and accents on your Christmas card! I can totally see why you had so much fun with these house dies my friend, and your recipients are going to love them too! Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeleteOh Leslie, I adore these! That Whimsy Village set is too cute! I must find where I can buy it. Darling cards!
ReplyDeleteOh those house are just oodles of fun! Love that you treated us to three seasons with them too! Your first is my fave with those happy little sunflowers!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! There are all so fun and very whimsical. Great job on all three of them with different themes and colors.
ReplyDeleteLeslie, these 'wonky' houses are just fabulous for every season we celebrate! Fantastic backgrounds for each and I especially love the spooky clouds for Halloween, and 'snow-covered' roof tops on your Christmas card!
ReplyDelete=]
OH, how I've loved and been amazed by what's been coming out of your new stuff basket! These whimsical houses are so versatile and the cards you've created show them off in style. I'm always awed by how you combine new and old and creatively select items to use. Fabulous fun, Leslie! My fav thing to notice is the white ink on the skies EF. It looks like DP!
ReplyDeleteSo fabulous and delightful Leslie! What a wonderful collection of products! I love what you've created! The Fall one though and that little puppy! SO CUTE! Now I'm rethinking what I ordered. lol I thought I could get by without the puppy. haha!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun cards, Leslie! I LOVE your whimsical villages for Fall (sunflowers could be in bloom with global warming) and Christmas! And how perfect for haunted houses for Halloween! I predict you will have lots more fun with these dies! Hooray for using spare parts!
ReplyDeleteThree fabulous cards really shows the versatility of this set, I can see how much fun you had 😁xxx
ReplyDeleteWow you did a fabulous job on all of these cards, you made them all look so different. I think the first is my favorite but probably because it has those fall colors and the sunflowers :)
ReplyDeleteThe second has a great spooky feel to it, cool background and love the little ghost too!
Great winter feel to your last card with your background :)
That quirky house die set is perfect for any occasion, you did a wonderful job of created so many scenes 🤩
ReplyDeleteI keep meaning to thank you for my beautiful birthday card, I might have to go on a hunt for that stamp
These cute little houses lend themselves perfectly to all seasons! So very fun to see them go from fall to winter! Super dooper cute! 💕Sue Kment
ReplyDeleteYou've made the most adorable cards using your new set of dies. A couple of months is not bad for the set to make it onto your desk. I have things in my NBUS that are YEARS old! :) Those wonky house are adorable and I can imagine it was so much fun to make the three occasion cards. Great work Leslie! xx
ReplyDeleteJust looking at this collection of whimsical cards I can tell you had a funtime creating. Each one is a big hug and smile wrapped up in a card.
ReplyDeleteOH my friend . . . you never disappoint!! These are all so much fun & just FABULOUS! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth & Two Old Bats challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Peace on Earth Co-Owner
Two Old Bats Co-Owner